NORCALDRIFT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sonoma drit 11/18

+7
Lucky.
deolio
Lild415
dariustii
Riley
Anmlstyljuju
Hay_hay
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sonoma drit 11/18 - Page 2 Empty Re: Sonoma drit 11/18

Post by deolio Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:51 pm

^i don't like the sound of any of that

dariustii wrote: it looked like a group of 2-year olds sugar high kids running in a playground.
A complete free for all, with people from all different skill levels.

From what I have heard both of the drivers in the major crash are “FD” level drivers, and it shows that mistakes just happen in automotive racing
Just from my impression, these “open tandem” groups need to be limited to smaller and similar driving groups. When you have 10+ cars going at once, there is no way a small spin out won’t result in a crash.

i don't really know what the staging setup was like last night, but last year when i drove it and julian was able to set up the track the right way, we would stack up with whoever we wanted to run with and we'd go and the next group of dudes would wait a few seconds and then they'd go. it worked perfectly until random dudes started jumping in and not even trying to match lines or anything. shit got sketchy real quick. BUT last year, there was wayyyyyyy more run-off area and if it was setup that way, shit wouldn't have gone down the way it did last night.
deolio
deolio

http://gldstr.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Riley Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:04 pm

Its fucking retarded.

It ran perfectly fine when Julian set it up in the past with two exceptions.

It took too long to setup, which was reall due to poor coordination between Sonoma and the driving school which didnt leave any time to setup.

And randoms jumping in with your run group, which is cause by poor staffing and people with no track etiquette.

110% Animal Style's fault, burn them at the stake!
Riley
Riley

Back to top Go down

Post by Domosacco Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:45 pm

Yeah it was a lot of miscommunication and too much of trying to please every last person. Which never works out. Ryan and Julian got there early to help set up and had already given up by the time got there around 3. The dudes setting up walls were putting them in the worst places. The layout could have been even shittier actually. But faruk came up to Ryan and apologized for the mess in setting up the track. He said it's absolutely not going to happen that way for winter jam. They're doing the meihan layout that it should have been from the start. And hopefully not full hot track cause I was more nervous watching everyone than I was excited for cool driving.
Domosacco
Domosacco

Back to top Go down

Post by Riley Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:24 am

Everyone kept complaining about the cool down zone at the other meihans, so they caved and made the whole track hot. Which was a nightmare just like last time.

Whats funny is that it seems like the whole track is hot at actual Meihan, but they take it upon themselves to regroup at the end of the track.

Probably because the Japanese arent a bunch of "me first!", entitled little bitches.

Riley
Riley

Back to top Go down

Post by boosted88tsi Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:26 am

I just liked the fact that the track "safety" crew didn't kill power on joes car and then proceeded to use the jaws of life on it. Isn't that the reason the cars have kill switches? Glad they got him out ok and nothing happened but i thought that killing power is supposed to be pretty high up on the check list order.

boosted88tsi

Back to top Go down

Post by Hay_hay Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:26 am

Riley wrote:Everyone kept complaining about the cool down zone at the other meihans, so they caved and made the whole track hot. Which was a nightmare just like last time.

Whats funny is that it seems like the whole track is hot at actual Meihan, but they take it upon themselves to regroup at the end of the track.

Probably because the Japanese arent a bunch of "me first!", entitled little bitches.

I still would regroup with jarell and the other folks after our run. It seemed like most drivers were. My gf was sad and was like it's not the same when you're not following riley....hahahaha fuck you riley. Leaving us to fend for ourselves in the sonoma drift c gruppe wild.

Hay_hay

Back to top Go down

Post by Hay_hay Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:28 am

dariustii wrote:
Anmlstyljuju wrote:
Lucky. wrote:so. can someone explain in detail what the fuck happened.

https://instagram.com/p/-QGzfLjC0E/

deolio wrote:looked like that second wall on the entry was way closer than when i drove "meihan"

For a track that's so concerned about safety, they sure don't know how to make it safe.  

Agreed,  

I don’t make it to Sonoma much, I have maybe been there 2-3 times since it started, so I hate to make a quick conclusion, but I don’t know why anyone would subject themselves to the “open tandem” run group.
Maybe in theory it sounded like a win-win, as the drivers get lots of runs, and it takes minimal effort from the track, but from my perspective last night, it looked like a group of 2-year olds sugar high kids running in a playground.
A complete free for all, with people from all different skill levels.

From what I have heard both of the drivers in the major crash are “FD” level drivers, and it shows that mistakes just happen in automotive racing
Just from my impression, these “open tandem” groups need to be limited to smaller and similar driving groups. When you have 10+ cars going at once, there is no way a small spin out won’t result in a crash.
I hate to think that someone is potentially injured for life, from a parking lot event in front of a bunch of twitter finger, snapchatting groupies, looking for the ‘next best post’ to skyrocket themselves on the social media sphere.
In anycase, it was fun checking out all the cars and familiar faces.
Anyone have coverage of the BMW disco ball?

Sonoma drit 11/18 - Page 2 Dekotora

Shit was nuts dude. I looked back at my gopro footage and half the time was spent trying to avoid crashes or people spinning out.

Hay_hay

Back to top Go down

Post by Hay_hay Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:30 am

Domosacco wrote:Yeah it was a lot of miscommunication and too much of trying to please every last person. Which never works out. Ryan and Julian got there early to help set up and had already given up by the time got there around 3. The dudes setting up walls were putting them in the worst places. The layout could have been even shittier actually. But faruk came up to Ryan and apologized for the mess in setting up the track. He said it's absolutely not going to happen that way for winter jam. They're doing the meihan layout that it should have been from the start. And hopefully not full hot track cause I was more nervous watching everyone than I was excited for cool driving.

They were a lot about the sick wall runs. I like these events to see carnage though not to the extent where someone ends up in the hospital. Hope Joe recovers quickly. It was a nasty ass hit

Hay_hay

Back to top Go down

Post by Hay_hay Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:06 am

Sonoma drit 11/18 - Page 2 11988439_10208077759965346_1903000192738310454_n

Hay_hay

Back to top Go down

Post by Riley Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:16 pm

Hay_hay wrote:
Riley wrote:Everyone kept complaining about the cool down zone at the other meihans, so they caved and made the whole track hot. Which was a nightmare just like last time.

I still would regroup with jarell and the other folks after our run. It seemed like most drivers were. My gf was sad and was like it's not the same when you're not following riley....hahahaha fuck you riley. Leaving us to fend for ourselves in the sonoma drift c gruppe wild.

On one hand I was jelly not to be driving with you...

On the other hand i was really happy that I didnt end up getting smashed into a million pieces by a bunch of dorks a month before winterjam.

We need to really stick together with our own crew from now on. Im done driving with squids.
Riley
Riley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum